These are so good! This is a super simply recipe that’s been in my family for a long time. While these are fried, you’re still getting lots of protein from the eggs AND you’re getting your intake of veggies! Who says you can’t have it all? I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
3 eggs, whisked
½ cup flour
1 head of cauliflower, washed and separated
1 cup of vegetable oil
1. Heat vegetable oil in skillet.
2. Dip each cauliflower into the flour mixture, then into the egg. Fry a few at a time until golden brown.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
This is one of my favorite one-pot meals ever. It takes a while to get everything prepped but once it’s all washed and diced you’re good to go. This stew has lots of veggies so you can check those off your list of veggies to eat for the week. Healthy, comforting and full of flavor. Whoever you make this for is going to love it!
Chicken thighs and drum sticks, about 9 pieces, skinned
1 onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, sliced
1 head garlic, cloves peeled
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup small onions
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
10 baby carrots, washed
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1) Heat nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, in two batches, and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Transfer chicken to plate as it is browned.
2) In a separate pot add olive oil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add chopped onion, celery, and garlic to pot; cook, stirring, until vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in tomato paste until smooth. Add mushrooms and baby onions; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth, wine, potatoes, and carrots; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot.
3) Add chicken to pot on top of all the veggies. Reduce heat and simmer covered for about one hour and until vegetables are tender.
4) Meanwhile, whisk together flour and chicken broth in small bowl until smooth. Add liquid to pot and stir. Serve sprinkled with parsley.