How fun is this salad? You can eat it as is or you can serve it with pita chips on the side. It’s a healthy and quick summer snack that you can make in just a few minutes. You can even eat this for lunch or have it as a side salad for dinner. The possibilities are endless!
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
½ cup cilantro, diced
½ red onion, sliced
½ lemon, squeezed
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Add everything into a salad bowl, toss and enjoy.
Are you craving pizza but don’t have time to make pizza dough? Use pitas! This is the easiest way to make pizza with any of your favorite toppings. It’s one of my quick favorites to make anytime of the day.
2-3 sausages, cut
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
3 cups grated parmesan cheese
1 ½ cup marinara sauce
1. Spread marinara sauce on top of pita and add all other ingredients. Bake in oven on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
I made this for the first time this week and loved it. It’s super easy to make and perfect for a last minute weeknight meal. It’s so rich and flavorful due to the bacon and Parmesan cheese. This is also great for heating up the next day too, if you end up having some leftovers. Super easy, fast and yummy.
1 pound spaghetti
8 ounces (8 slices) bacon, cut 1 inch thick crosswise
Salt and pepper
1 large eggs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup half-and-half
1) Set a large pot of water to boil (for pasta).
2) In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes; set aside.
3) Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan, and half-and-half. Add this to the skillet with bacon.
5) Drain pasta, rinse with water (so the spaghetti doesn’t stick together) and add to the skillet with all other ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and toss all to combine.
I’m so excited to make one of my favorite pasta dishes for the 4th of July! This is so festive because it has the colors of red, white…and all you need to do is incorporate some blue around the table. My napkins have stripes of blue in them but really any pop of the color blue anywhere will work just fine!
A great side to the BBQ you’ll be grilling and if you feel like going vegetarian you’re going to want to make this in addition to your other favorite recipes and sides.
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
2) In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. As the tomatoes cook smash them with a fork or use a potato masher. Continue to cook until the tomatoes make a chunky style sauce. Add black olives and cook with tomatoes for about 2 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Toss to combine. Add the basil leaves and mozzarella stirring while you add. Serve immediately.
Once you make this soup once you’re going to want to make it again and again.
I’m a huge fan of mushrooms so I knew I had to put together a quick mushroom soup that also tasted really good.
The minced garlic really makes the soup and pulls all the flavors together.
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup diced green onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
Black pepper and salt
Heat olive oil in small pot over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown. Add the vegetable broth. Cover the pot and bring the soup to a boil. Pour the soup into bowls, add diced greens onions and serve.