I felt like I was in the Mediterranean eating this while listening to the water splash on the rocks. This is a great side dish or a meal in itself. It combines lots of healthy veggies like red peppers, green beans and black olives. You can eat this warm or cold, which makes it perfect for the warm summer months. Once you make this, you can put in the refrigerator, and eat it later on or even the next day.
- About 1 ½ cups farro
- About 2 cups greens beans, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- ¾ cup pitted black olives
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- ¾ cup Parmesan, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1) In a pot, add 4 cups of water, bring to a boil and add farro. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the water has soaked up. Add a teaspoon of salt while simmering. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
2) Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the cooked greens beans and let cool.
3) Add green beans, olives, red pepper, Parmesan, olive oil, and black pepper to bowl of farro, mix and serve.
Makes 4 servings.