Craving a salad? How about a potato salad? How about a healthy vinaigrette potato salad? I’ve got you covered! This salad is perfect on its own or paired with another side. I love that I can make this and store it in the fridge for a few days. Another thing that’s great about this salad is that it’s super customizable depending on how you want to make it. I make many variations of this Armenian and Russian inspired salad, and this is just one of them. Happy salad eating!
5 pounds of potatoes(cut into cubes)
16 oz. jar of pickled beets(diced)
1 cup chopped parsley
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
pepper to taste
1) Rinse potatoes and place un-peeled potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to boil and continue cooking until easily pierced with a fork. Remove from water and set aside to cool to room temp, then peel and dice before adding to the salad.
2) While you’re boiling the potatoes, wash and chop parsley, dice beets, and dice the pickles.
3) Combine all prepped ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Toss gently and serve.
I felt like I was in the Mediterranean eating this while listening to the water splash on the rocks. This is a great side dish or a meal in itself. It combines lots of healthy veggies like red peppers, green beans and black olives. You can eat this warm or cold, which makes it perfect for the warm summer months. Once you make this, you can put in the refrigerator, and eat it later on or even the next day.
About 1 ½ cups farro
About 2 cups greens beans, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
¾ cup pitted black olives
1 medium red pepper, diced
¾ cup Parmesan, crumbled
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1) In a pot, add 4 cups of water, bring to a boil and add farro. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the water has soaked up. Add a teaspoon of salt while simmering. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
2) Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the cooked greens beans and let cool.
3) Add green beans, olives, red pepper, Parmesan, olive oil, and black pepper to bowl of farro, mix and serve.
Summer is rolling right in and I’m a huge fan of salads when the weather starts warming up. Especially super light salads that you can toss together really quick when all you want to do is run outside and bask in the warm summer sun.
Do I have you thinking about sunblock, water and swimsuits? That’s a good thing because the time has come, especially here in the south.
This salad is kind of one of those things where you can adjust accordingly depending on if you’re using it as your side salad or if you’re going to eat it as your actual meal. When I’m eating it as a meal I like to throw in some more feta and pita chips…the two things that will help fill me up. I hope you enjoy the simplicity of this salad as much as I do.
Spicy Feta and Pita Chip Salad
4 cups of mixed greens, rinsed
½ cup crumbles of Stacy’s Pita Chips
½ cup feta cheese crumbles
1 cucumber, washed and peeled
1 lemon, squeezed
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put washed and rinsed mixed salad greens into a bowl, then cut cucumber and jalapeno and add to the bowl. Also add crumbled Stacy’s Chips and Feta.
For dressing mix olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 lemon, and cayenne pepper together.