This dish is one of my traditional, quick, go-to dishes when I need something in the moment and I need it to be hearty.
The vegetable combination really gives this dish its flavor and pulls everything together. I know you’re probably wondering where is the salt? I try not to use a lot of salt if I can. In this case, the pasta sauce that I’m using already has salt in it and so do the sausages. This much salt is enough in order for it not to overpower the other flavors in the dish.
When I think of Italian this is definitely one of the things that comes to mind. The vegetable combination really gives this dish its flavor and pulls everything together. What are some of your favorite ways to cook pasta? What kinds of combinations do you like to try?
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sausage links, cut into pieces
- ½ cup pasta sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1) Put olive oil in a skillet and over medium heat with minced garlic. Once the garlic starts to brown, add the bell pepper and red onion. Keep stirring the pepper, garlic and onions until they turn into a golden brown. Then add tomatoes with the sausages and stir around until the sausages began to brown. Once they brown, add pasta sauce, close lid and let simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
2) Put spaghetti in a pot of boiling water and cook.
3) Once the spaghetti is ready, drain and rinse with cold water.
4 ) Put spaghetti onto plates, ladle the sauce with everything over it and serve warm.
Serves 4 people.