Who likes seafood? Who likes shrimp? I really like to make seafood at home because it has to be cooked right and I’m always skeptical if I eat out at a seafood place.
This is a great meal that you can make during the week. It takes about 10-15 minutes. It’s also light (depending on how much butter you use), filling and fresh.
The lime adds a dash of lightness and freshness. Yes, it feels like you’re by the beach eating seafood. Or at least you can pretend, right? Why not?
This is definitely one of my favorite dishes to make.
How do you like to eat your shrimp? What variations of shrimp scampi do you like to make?
- ½ pound of your favorite pasta (I like to use spaghetti)
- ½ stick butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- About 1 pound shrimp, peeled and washed
- 1 lime
- 2/3 cup white wine
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1) Put pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes. Drain pasta after done.
2) In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil. Saute the garlic, cayenne pepper, and shrimp until they brown a little. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Reduce to low heat, add wine and let simmer for a few minutes. Remove skillet from hot stove.
3) Add cooked pasta to a plate, pour the shrimp and the buttery garlic sauce on top, add cilantro, put lime on the side and serve.
Makes 2-3 servings.