Craving a salad? How about a potato salad? How about a healthy vinaigrette potato salad? I’ve got you covered! This salad is perfect on its own or paired with another side. I love that I can make this and store it in the fridge for a few days. Another thing that’s great about this salad is that it’s super customizable depending on how you want to make it. I make many variations of this Armenian and Russian inspired salad, and this is just one of them. Happy salad eating!
5 pounds of potatoes(cut into cubes)
16 oz. jar of pickled beets(diced)
1 cup chopped parsley
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
pepper to taste
1) Rinse potatoes and place un-peeled potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to boil and continue cooking until easily pierced with a fork. Remove from water and set aside to cool to room temp, then peel and dice before adding to the salad.
2) While you’re boiling the potatoes, wash and chop parsley, dice beets, and dice the pickles.
3) Combine all prepped ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Toss gently and serve.
Guacamole is so versatile! Everyone can make it their own way and it doesn’t take a lot. Add more of what you like and don’t be afraid to play around with it. Once you make it a few times, you’ll eventually find your favorite combination.
I like a lot of cilantro and lime juice in mine! The cilantro adds a dash of freshness to it and the lime juice really makes it for me and pulls all the flavors together.
If you’re not making homemade guacamole you need to start! This is the best thing you can make at home because you can control the portions of the ingredients that you put into it.
When I’m craving guacamole all I’m wanting is my homemade guacamole. Once you start making your own, that’s all you’ll be wanting all summer long.
How do you guys like to make guacamole? What other ingredients do you use that I have not mentioned?
2 avocados, peeled
½ a red onion, diced
1 cup cilantro, diced or torn
2 small jalapeno’s, diced
1 medium sized tomato, diced
3 large juicy limes, squeezed
½ teaspoon cayenne
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
1) Add everything into one big bowl.
2) Pour the lime juice in and don’t be afraid to get in and get messy.
3) Pour guacamole into a smaller bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.