This lentil soup is so easy to make and it’s great for meatless Monday or any other day you want something light, easy and healthy. You can make this the night before or the day of and all you need are 5 ingredients. It really doesn’t get easier than this!
How do you guy’s like to make your lentil soup? What ingredients do you like to use that I haven’t mentioned?
1 cup lentils
½ red onion, diced
1 tablespoon mint, dried
¼ stick of butter
1) Rinse lentils and add to a pot of boiling water. Close lid and let boil on medium heat for about an hour. Keep adding water to the lentils depending on how dense you want your soup to be.
2) In the meantime, sauté onion with butter and salt until browned.
3) Once the lentils are ready add the sauté mixture to lentils, add mint and serve.
I love snacking, especially if what I’m eating is actually good for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love all kinds of snacks but these are just a little on the healthier side. You can make these in minutes and eat them any time of the day!
Store bought hummus or make your own
Bread, cut into small bite sized pieces
1. Spread hummus on bread, add cucumber, cilantro, drizzle some olive oil on top with a squeeze of lemon.
I’m so excited to make one of my favorite pasta dishes for the 4th of July! This is so festive because it has the colors of red, white…and all you need to do is incorporate some blue around the table. My napkins have stripes of blue in them but really any pop of the color blue anywhere will work just fine!
A great side to the BBQ you’ll be grilling and if you feel like going vegetarian you’re going to want to make this in addition to your other favorite recipes and sides.
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
2) In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. As the tomatoes cook smash them with a fork or use a potato masher. Continue to cook until the tomatoes make a chunky style sauce. Add black olives and cook with tomatoes for about 2 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Toss to combine. Add the basil leaves and mozzarella stirring while you add. Serve immediately.